Note: To export data on a field by field basis, use the Custom Report feature which is part of the Custom Search/Reports menu. You will want to create a Custom Report with the fields you want to export, then click on the <Create File> button to create an ASCII, tab-delimited file.
NACCRRAware uses the MySQL database to store the agency data. To create a sql file that contains all of this data and configurations together in one file, which can be imported into MySQL, use "Export Agency". Because this export is resource intensive, the export will run overnight and the resulting file will be available the following day. This export utility can be used as a backup of the NACCRRAware database.
- Click the "Export Agency" link.
- The following message should appear: "Agency Export is set to Run today after 11:00 PM EDT. Please check for file on the next business day."
- The file exported using this routine will be listed in the Files to Download section and will be named agency.exp.
- After the file has been created, it is located in the export directory on the server computer that NACCRRAware is running on. The export directory is /Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/naccrra/AgencyID/export.
- To download (i.e. move) the file to the workstation, position the cursor over the link with the file name and click the right mouse button.
- A menu appears with series of options.
- Choose "Save Target As..." by placing the cursor over this text and clicking.
- A download window will open.
- In the box titled "Save in:" at the top of the window, specify the folder where the file will be saved.
- If a specific location has not been identified, it is recommended to save it in the \NACCRRAFiles folder on the C: drive. This will make it easier to locate in the future.
- To rename the file, overtype the name in the "File name:" box towards the bottom of the window.
- To complete saving the file, click <Save>.
Documents and other files can be uploaded to the NACCRRAware server so users can easily access them through Utilities. To upload a document or file, use the upload utility in the Upload File section. Locate the file to upload by clicking <Browse...>; once the document path is specified click <Upload File>. After the upload is complete the file will be listed under Files to Download. To remove an uploaded document or file, select the document name and click <Delete>.